Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how, why, and when we will process it.
- When we say we, our, us, or the Academy in this policy, we are referring to Aina.M Academy who is the “controller” of your personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) (the Act and GDPR together the Data Protection Legislation).
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Personal Data We May Collect About You
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, for example, your name, and contact details. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to newsletters and updates, posting material or requesting products and services (including facilities);
- If you register your interest in joining our courses, becoming a model or attending an event, we might ask you to provide some of the following: your name, contact details, postal address.
- Upon completing a course at the Academy, your details will be kept on file for the Aina.M Academy where we will use your contact details to offer you opportunities.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
We may use this information in the following ways:
- to provide you with opportunities and services (including courses and facilities) that you request from us, or information about them where you have asked to be contacted for such purposes.
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in website features when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- In certain circumstances, to contact you with information about goods and services which we feel may interest you.
IP Addresses and Cookies
When you access our Website, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our Website users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files which contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and Website usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our Website.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We also share your personal data with the following, who act as our processors:
- our website hosting and maintenance provider.
- service providers who provide IT, software, and system administration services.